Monday 1 July 2013

A different view

The other day I came across a fascinating quote. At first I was extremely surprised that I had never heard or seen this quote before... especially seeing as Alexander Wang, a designer I'm very fond of, was the one who said it.


It went along the lines of, "any woman can doll themselves up, it's how someone dresses on any normal day that says a lot about their personal style."

These simple words of wisdom have really changed the way that I view fashion and more importantly whom I consider to be real style icons.

Black tie events follow a certain dress code. The rules are rarely broken, and in most cases stylists are the ones responsible for the knock out red carpet ensembles.

So what about normal life? When we make personal choices (without a stylist in sight) about the everyday clothes we wear. Do you really feel that they count for nothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment