Wednesday 31 July 2013

I fell for a bird.

I was walking past a clothing shop when something feathery and colourful caught my eye.

Nestled amongst some cushions in the window display was a rather unusual head piece. Half soft toy, half stuffed bird, he was the most gorgeous thing I had ever seen. Each day on my way to work I would deliberately detour past this shop window to catch a glimpse of him. After much deliberation, I ventured into the boutique, tried him on and decided there was no way I was going home without him (even though the price tag should've scared me off). Honestly though, headwear is such a luxury and I believe that if you find something truly wonderful and unique you're mad not to buy it.

Henry's debut outing was at the 2013 Colemans Cup, and apart from the tricky car ride to the track (long tail feathers in a small car were problematic) we both had a wonderful day and received a lot of lovely comments. Sadly I didn't think to take any photo's of my outfit - a terrible habit that I plan to kick asap! However I sourced an image from Colemans Printing and posted below, not the best quality but at least you get to see my beautiful birdy!

Image courtesy of Colemans Printing

No comments:

Post a Comment