Thursday 7 August 2014

Any excuse to dress up.

And another Darwin Cup Carnival bites the dust. The atmosphere may be intoxicating down at the racetrack, but it's planning and putting together an outfit that I find to be the most enjoyable and exciting part of the racing season.


This year I had the pleasure of attending two event's, Derby Day and the Colemans Cup. Both quieter days on the race calendar (which is why I'm so fond of them), however always fun to dress for. There's a lot less pressure than say dressing for Ladies Day or the Darwin Cup, people are more laid back and focus on the horses rather than the fashions. I recommend it to anyone who's fond of a day out, a spot of betting and small crowds.

Now let's talk clothing. I'm ashamed to admit that I tend to throw outfits together a week ahead of the event! My black and white Derby Day ensemble was put together that very morning using bits and pieces that were lying around in my wardrobe. For the Colemans Cup I was lucky enough to find a fun, yellow fascinator and perfectly colour-matched clutch at Me and My Llama to go with my old favourite burgundy and teal dress. Now feast your eyes on some poor quality phone snaps.

Derby Day frivolities, Nessa and I

Mingling with the thoroughbreds at the Colemans Cup

3 comments:

  1. You always look soooooooooooo classy, some of the other fillies should take a leaf out of your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks incredible! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day you can be my very own personal stylist..... I can pay you in hard labour and fresh produce ;)
    You look fabulous as usual and your updates always bring a smile to my face x

    ReplyDelete