Sunday 10 November 2013

Racy vs Racewear

This is something I've wanted to discuss for a long time.

When did racewear get so darn racy?

Backless dresses, micro mini skirts, plunging necklines, sheer fabrics and heavy makeup. A very difficult and sensitive argument I know, because ultimately who decides on what is 'appropriate' and what is not? And should there really be rules when it comes to fashion?

I just believe that racewear deserves some respect. Something can be fun & flirty and still brush the knees, fitted and elegant and still allow you to bend over. A little imagination is all you need.

Now it's your say, what do you think? Am I just a prude, hooked on tradition who desperately needs to get with the times? OR, is it time for racewear to raise the bar?

TLT x

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree! Was talking about this with my mother-in-law during Melbourne Cup week. Go back to traditional!
    I have an outfit I am wearing to a wedding this week that if I had have gone to the races this year, I would have worn. Have been trying to find it online to show you TLT because I KNOW you will just love it...but they mustn't be selling it online because I can't find it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, I'm not alone! Well hopefully you can send me a photo of your gorgeous outfit after the wedding Bess, I'm dying to see it!

    ReplyDelete