Tuesday 20 August 2013

To be, or not to be.

I'm sitting here stumped. Contemplating what on earth to do about my blogger profile. Can I just leave it blank? Do you really need to know anything about me?
The Son of Man, René Magritte.





















The big question I want to ask is, why is anonymity so undervalued in this day and age? Has narcissism taken over? Does the world really care about what we like, what possessions we own and what we get up to during every moment of every day? God I hope not. If you want to read a fantastic article on the evolution of narcissism, here's a link: Vogue Australia - Admit it, you love yourself.

Let's get back to this blogger profile thing. What is my blog about? What defines me as the blogger? How can I honestly sum myself up in a paragraph or two? And even if I wanted to, won't I just end up painting a picture that I believe my readers will like? Will I end up lying? So many questions, and I'm still getting nowhere.

Why can't I be The Little Things? I know it's not my real name, I know you really don't know much about me, or what I do for a living, but does that matter? My opinions are sincere and a nameless face in a few photo's isn't so bad, as long as I deliver the goods!

Does anyone else out there value anonymity?

TLT

3 comments:

  1. Most people with Facebook accounts are narcissists! We don't need to know every 'little thing' about you, why can't there be a little mystery anymore? Privacy is becoming a thing of the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have noticed that all popular bloggers pour images of themselves on the pages - A little is good as the reader wants someone to connect with. But in the end your blog is truly yours.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the feedback guys, I am slowly coming to terms with the thought of an online identity (which will be a little less anonymous). Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete